Billy Bolamme, sixteen-year-old wunderkind of the Junior Dropout Basketball League, a shamanic force of destruction and murder who changes his name to Ocean Singe Horror on a well-publicized LSD trip during a basketball game.
Hiram Pebley Bolamme, Billy’s father, coach and owner of the Bolammes basketball team, an ineffectual, dreamy art gallery owner as well as a wealthy do-gooder who started the Junior Dropout Basketball League with his wife Madeline.
Madeline Bolamme, Billy’s mother and the director of the Bolamme Center for Hurt Feelings.
Guenevere “Universe” Ryder, art gallery receptionist and Billy’s fifteen-year-old girlfriend.
Dan Ryder, suicidal Bolammes main announcer and Universe’s father.
Franklin Chester, former Bolammes player and now Bolammes co-announcer.
Mongar Frederick, detective with the Plattville Homicide Bureau.
Jonathan Mueller, surviving witness of the Baltimore disaster who dies after giving testimony about Billy’s involvement.
Emala Ryder, Universe’s mother and dean of the Billy State University School of Library Science.
1. Maybe it was That Low-Cut Cocktail Dress
2. The Radio Booth
3. Encyclowhatever, by Universe, or, The Library School’s Library
4. The Pre-Game Show
5. Billy has Racked Up an Amazing 450 Points in a Row
6. The Pebbled Orange Surface of his Basketball
7. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Ocean Singe Horror
8. Never Can Tell When You Might Need a Natural Gas Line
9. Snooty Art with Sexy Receptionists, a.k.a. Her Outfit for Any Given Day Costs More than You Will Ever Make Selling Your Paintings
10. Hiram, This is My Daughter We’re Talking About!
11. The Planet Lamura, Star System 63
12. A Vast Stretch of the Universe Where Aliens Beings Might Sense Pain and Show Up to Inspect It
13. Billy State University
15. DENY! DENY!
16. I’m Just Watching the Dome, Dude, That’s All
17. The Yellow Armies of Risk
18. Detective Mongar Frederick
19. Jump Grenade
All words and images copyright 2015 by Michael D. Smith